Friday, March 17, 2017

Kingdom Partnership

"When the world sees diverse churches working humbly and joyfully together, many people are led to give glory to the Father in heaven."  - Bruno & Dirks

A year ago, I didn't even know that a local church had an ESL ministry. Yet here we are preparing to share with my church a plan to partner together in this ministry. God is amazing and works in unexpected ways.

Sunday, my friend, Faith, and I share at my church a plan for the churches to work together to share the gospel and help the practical needs of non-native English speakers in our community. We are combining two things that I am passionate about- working with immigrants/internationals and crossing denominational barriers. It is a bit overwhelming when I stop and think about it and know Faith thinks the same way.

But here is the cool thing- we don't have to be able to join churches together. We don't have to find helpers in this ministry. We don't have to be able to make the ESL ministry a success. All of this can only be accomplished by God. There is a quote in Churches Partnering Together that I love.


"Ministries should have goals that can be accomplished, but still, if it can be done without God, let a local club do it."  -  Bruno and Dirks

We are about kingdom business being lead by God. And He will enable and guide us and open doors for us. I can rest in that.

What is also exciting is that even without formally partnering together, 6 people from my church are already involved in the ministry in one way or another- whether it is assisting, childcare, or snacks. (I wrote this earlier this week- the count is up to 8 thanks to two of my favorite people helping out at the last minute.) I am specifically praying God raises up new teachers out of my church (or really any church.)

This winter, I needed a co-teacher and got my mother, something I wouldn't have anticipated. Seeing how unexpectedly God answered that need, how will he meet our needs in even more wild and unexpected ways?


No comments:

Post a Comment