Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Saying Goodbye is Hard

18 months ago, my friends befriended an international college student at our local university. For the past 18 months, Momoko has been a part of our lives- because if she is part of the Biers' lives, she is part of my life.

We are the better for having her in our lives.  The kids learn to appreciate a different culture - in this case Japanese culture and learn how Japan is different but the same as America.  And it is important for kids to know people have different cultures and that while cultures are different, learning about other cultures is fun and rewarding.

When I look back at the last year and a half, so many pictures have Momoko in them.

Christmas Parade

2015 Christmas Parade

Thanksgiving

I am the empty seat

Dinners

Rachel's 15th Birthday I think

Bowling and Games



I was fortunate enough to spend the past 3 and a half months driving home from ESL classes with Momoko and really getting a chance to talk to her and know her at a deeper level.   Momoko is sweet, smart, and fun.   She also amazes me in how she is eager to keep improving her English and experience American things.

Saturday, she graduated and is headed back to Japan and a job.  We will miss her SO MUCH.  But we pray that God's grace will be upon on you, Momoko, as you transition back to life in Japan. WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! The pictures are so great, and I love the empty seat caption. - Lori

    ReplyDelete