Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The lights of Christmas

I am not a decorator.  If you know me, you know that. But at Christmas, I love to put up my tree; the lights just make me happy.


I had to decorate a tree for work and I think it turned out nicely though I was mocked for it looking too quaint.  I am actually a little offended (actually more than a little) - I think it is simple but pretty. I took an old paperback and made fans with a letter stamped in the center.   Very me.


Oh well, I like it.  And I liked it enough to make ornaments for my small tree at home.  Last night, as I read, I enjoyed the lights of the Christmas tree and enjoyed my bookish tree.


And in my living room, I have my pencil tree with all the colored balls which sparkle in the lights.   I found my old Mongolian nativity and put that down underneath.  Maybe when my nephew comes over next time, he will play with that and not the shiny balls..... Or not.


1 comment: