Friday, February 17, 2017

In the quiet

Psalm 4: 3-8
Know that the Lord has set apart 
his faithful servant for himself:
the Lord hears when I call to him.
Tremble and do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts to be silent.
Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
and trust in the Lord.
Many, Lord, are asking, 
"Who will bring us prosperity?"
Let the light of your face shine on us.
Fill my heart with joy
when their grain and new wine abound.
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety.

We read this Psalm during our prayer time last week at ESL and it struck me as applicable to me. I was coming off a week of no or limited sleep.  And some of this lack of sleep is derived from my inability to sleep well on a given day.  But worry and anxiety is driving the rest.   Worry literally keeps me up at night.

This Psalm gives me reassurance that I can find sleep and rest when I am faithful to him and searching my heart to be silent.  A mind set on Jesus not thoughts upon thoughts.  Silence.  Quiet.  Peace. Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment