Thursday, February 9, 2017

A friend and her little ones


Today is my friend Emily's birthday which she is celebrating as a new mama to baby girl number two.   I haven't met Sadie yet, but that will change this weekend. 
I am thankful for Emily and her friendship over the years. 
  • Loving mom of two
  • Funny
  • Thoughtful
  • Willing listener to my thoughts and dreams
  • Speaker of her mind 
  • "In case he is a serial killer" friend - you know the friend who texts you on a date to check in and make sure you are safe and not kidnapped or murdered.  Everyone needs this friend.
Hannah with the baby quilt I made her
Over the past 2+ years, I have seen Emily become an amazing mom.  As a result, our time together has changed.  We don't drink coffee or walk like we used to.  There is a season to everything.  Her life is full of Hannah and Sadie and caring for them.  And this is good and right and makes me happy.  In another season, we can meet more often.
 
As for today, I am proud of the mom my friend is and the friend she is to me.

Happy birthday, Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment