Monday, February 20, 2017

Fun filled weekend

This weekend, with their parents and their older sister away, I had Matthew and Juliet all weekend. We crammed alot into 3 days.   The best part is that we spent time with some of our favorite adults (Holly and Daric!) and favorite kids (Amelia, Susie, and Kayla!)

Saturday, we watched the Batman Lego movie with Amelia (Maggie was sick.) Amelia and I got some cuddling in during the movie too.


Then pizza while watching Phineas and Ferb.  

I am not a Papa John's fan but jalapenos make most pizza better
Sunday, we walked the dogs with Holly and got some games in - Mexican Train dominoes and Monopoly.  I am not a Monopoly fan and did not play.  But Mexican Train dominoes is one of my new favorite games. 


And of course just the three of us played games, mostly Timeline, dominoes, and Rummikub.  I am so happy Matt has learned Rummikub, and his strategy is growing.  (Dad would be happy if he had seen how Matt rearranged the board to play one or two tiles.)


Because who doesn't love some competition, especially Biers, we tracked the winners of all games played. Winner got to pick where we ate a treat Monday.

 

But first we picked up Kayla and Susie.  Kayla took charge and made pancakes for lunch and supervised her helpers (Juliet and Susie.) And Juliet made eggs.


Then we went to the park to burn off energy.


Some of us just read.....


And then Tutti Frutti (Juliet's winner's choice) and Starbucks for me.


Susie managed to sneak by my notice when getting her ice cream and got a "Susie" portion of ice cream.  Of course, she ate it all.


To finish off the weekend, puppy time with the Kestlers and then Mexican Train dominoes with Dad and Uncle Dwight.  How special is that- games with Dad and Uncle Dwight.


One day in the not distant future, Juliet will be in college and Matthew will no longer be a kid.   Today, I am thankful for being able to enjoy these days of games, pizza, friendships, and family.  And we are family, all of us- some by blood, some by friendship, all in Christ.  I think of mom and dad and their years of friendship with Aunt Betty and Uncle Dwight.   30 years from now, I hope that these kids still think of me as an aunt and my friendships with their parents are as solid as my parents with their friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment