Sunday, August 13, 2017

My mother's child

Today is my mother's birthday.

I am my mother's child in so many ways.

  • I look like her.
  • I plan like her.
  • I write letters like her.
  • I am fast like her.
  • I am organized like her.
  • I read voraciously like her.
The list goes on.

My mother's example has profoundly affected the way I relate to people. For example, for years, I have loved sending notes and letters.  What better way to tell someone you care and express what someone means to you.  I learned this practice from watching my mother write notes to friends encouraging them, building them up, and letting them know she is praying for them.

And being like her is a good thing.   She loves Jesus. She loves others. She is the constant presence in my life whom I want to emulate and be like when I grow up.  I am so grateful to have a mother like this- full of integrity, kindness, and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment