Friday, April 14, 2017

Exhaling and Inhaling

I started swimming last fall with mixed results.  Swimming has never been a skill I have.  And before this fall, I couldn't exhale under water.   I took a break for the winter and am back at it with the warmer weather.  

I am surprised and happy that all of my practice has paid off and that I can exhale under water now.  I am not great at it.  But I definitely can exhale.  Sometimes I panic and then inhale water, but I am getting better at it. 

When swimming freestyle, I still spend all my time concentrating on exhaling and inhaling but progress!!!! With the ability to exhale under water, I decided to practice the breaststroke.  The poor lifeguard probably thought I was drowning.  

I wanted to swim like this. 


But instead, I looked like this.

Hopefully with more practice, I will improve in my breathing and in my breaststroke. Right now, I am just happy to have found an exercise that works for me.  I am working on memory verses again- right now relearning Philippians.  When swimming backstroke, I work on my memorization.  I am loving this time of being unplugged from all that is going on and just being with me, my thoughts (scary), and my God (not so scary.)

2 comments:

  1. We should have a Phillipians-off sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have the first two chapters memorized and then I didn't practice for a while and now I'm super rusty. Maybe that is the next passage I will work on with the boys.

    ReplyDelete