Sunday, April 16, 2017

Celebrating the Resurrection

 I gave you the message that I received.  I told you the most important truths; that Christ died for our sins as the Scriptures say; that he was buried and was raised to life on the third day, as the Scriptures say.  I Cor 15:3-45

Today, Easter Sunday, we celebrate that Jesus died for our sins and rose to life the third day.  And because of his death, we have eternal life with Him. What a wonderful gift.

This year, some family was traveling for Easter, so we switched things up. My mom very graciously let me open her house up to a variety of people. I invited lots of people that I know and love spending time with and some I don't know as well.  All said and done, 19 people ended up coming.   We even had two John/Jons, two Eds, and two Lindas.

Some who came were friends of old, and some were new.  Some had known each other awhile. Some didn't know each other.  But regardless, I think a good time was had by all.

I didn't take any pictures.  Surprisingly I didn't have my phone most of the time- forced socialization?  So picture an open floor plan with lots of tables and people.  Picture veggie and meat lasagnas, spring salads, bread, and a variety of desserts.

We even did an Easter Egg hunt. Who says you have to have kids to do an Easter Egg hunt?  Katie was the winner followed shortly after Heidi.

Pre Easter Egg hunt- picture by Lynn

I am thankful for God's gift of salvation, but I am thankful too for family and friends. I am thankful for all who came and joined in our dinner and made this Easter special.

Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment