Saturday, April 8, 2017

Once a friend, Always a friend

This weekend, I got to spend time with an old friend who I don't see often.  In college, she was my closest friend.  I have so many memories of walking and talking for hours.  Time and distance makes it hard to see her often.  This weekend, after a year of trying to meet up and illness striking, we caught up at her in-laws.  (By the way, I love her in-laws- they are super gracious and always welcoming.)

Driving home, I was reflecting that 16 years after graduating college, I have changed and so has she. Who hasn't?  But the things that made us friends years ago are still there.  16 years from now, I hope we still are friends and can catch up no matter where we are.
my new bff
I spent alot of my time trying to be best friends with this precious little one.  I think I succeeded.  Two weeks from now, I bet she will have forgotten about her new bff.  But when we see each other again, I am going to rekindle that relationship and be bffs again.
birthdays for two of us
games!!!!










On a side note, I stopped off at Bethany Beach Books; bookstores are my happy place. And I love a good independent bookstore promoting Indie books and not all the bestsellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment