Saturday, April 29, 2017

An outdoor tea

Today, we put on a tea for 4 year old to 6th grade girls.  We wanted to show them love and that was the theme- loving one another.

Although a little hot, I took advantage of a nice weekend and set up outside.  Added some flowers from my yard and called it a day.  I have to do me- and that is minimal decorations.  Plus I knew Lori's china would make everything fancy.

I love my blue bottle
Those plates!


For food, we kept it simple too (gotta do me) - pastries, cookies, and triangle sandwiches. It was too hot for real tea so we just did cold drinks, lemonade and raspberry tea.


For the message, Lori talked about loving others even when it isn't easy-  I would do well to learn from that.


It's little girls so we did a craft, of course.  In keeping with the theme, everyone made sunshine jars filled with candy to give someone with a note to say why.  Several girls were so sweet with their notes and why they loved the person they were giving the jar too.  Susie made hers for me (that girl!)



Almost all our girls were 10-12.  But I love the little girls who came.  And a shout out to my favorite 4 year old who made her sunshine jar for her silly uncle.


I think Lori, Rachel and I were all tired after the tea. But it was worth it.  Time well spent.

1 comment:

  1. Ginger I am so glad that you are a part of our church family. You bring such love to the younger girls. My church never did anything like this for our girls, so it is special to watch you doing you! I appreciate you. They will remember this. God bless.

    ReplyDelete