Saturday, June 24, 2017

Choosing family

While drinking coffee the other day, as we do many Saturday mornings, Monique commented to another girl that sometimes we can chose our family.  I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.  We can't chose our biological family (thankfully I love mine).  But we can choose the family we love and do life with on a daily basis.

Family
I am fortunate to have a several good friends that I call family.  Monique is one of them.  And what a friend, one who is kind, chill, loving, gets me, and serves the Lord.

Over the past 10 years, our lives have overlapped and intertwined. And, in the past few years, we have been drawn closer and closer together.  My life is filled with Monique; we drink coffee together weekly, sit together at church, study the Bible together at Bible Study, eat dinners together, do Christmas bowling with kids.....  Our lives are wrapped up together.   She is family.

Monique, I chose you as my family!  Happy Birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment