Monday, June 26, 2017

Living in the ordinary

Last weekend, I visited my aunt and uncle, a friend and her family, and went to a family reunion.  It is funny to think that I have seen relatives in Africa more recently than relatives in Virginia.   But along the way, I didn't take many pictures or even have my camera on me. 

A few moments captured of time with my friend and her family
But that is okay.  Even though I didn't capture every moment in picture, memories were created.  The moments were ordinary.  
  • Visiting my aunt and uncle and having dinner with them.  
  • Spanish class with my aunt.
  • Talking to my aunt and uncle about recent trips and upcoming ones.
  • Walking with my friend as in bygone years - only now with a 4 year old.
  • Craft time with the 4 year old.
  • Sitting on a porch and talking about everything and nothing. 
  • Traveling with my brother's family and just talking.
  • Making funny laughs for my nephew.
  • Playing games with my nieces.

None of these moments are spectacular or amazing.  A book or movie would never be created about them. And yet.

Games
And yet, in the ordinary is the extraordinary.  These moments are the fabric of my life.  These people are the people God has given me.  And that is extraordinary. And it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment