Sunday, June 4, 2017

Graduation, Games, and Gifts

Rachel graduated.  I have lots I could say. I will simply say I love this girl and spending time with her tons and tons.  As a friend said Saturday, sometimes we choose our family, and I chose Rachel and her peeps and they chose me.  And that I'm glad it worked out from me to go to the ceremony against odds.  I may have been THAT person who walked in late, but I made it!

Graduation!

Made it just in time to see her graduate

Rachel' graduation party was fun - good food and great people.   Last week, Rachel, Juliet and I had made lawn Dutch Blitz.  After trying it out Friday night, we got two games in at the party.  It really is lots of fun and amusing to watch the runners try to get the cards into the middle of the lawn.   I hope to get lots more games in this summer at reunions, birthday parties, and other gatherings.

My team made a valiant, albeit unsuccessful, effort

Jessie got in one game- here's too more games with her
Last year, I surprised Evan with an Eagles quilt at his graduation.   For Rachel, she picked out the fabric and pattern.   Somehow, I completely mismeasured the fabric I needed.  I had to improvise.  The backing was going to be all rose fabric and now has a strip of blue and green which I love.  And I had to use my 2 leftover squares as binding.  I love when improvisation turns out better than the initial vision.

I love the colors and the Split Rail Knot pattern

Back
And speaking of quilts, I am working on a Christmas rag quilt.  I had cut the material back and am sewing the squares together now to rag.  More on that later.

Rachel, your graduation day was wonderful.  I pray that as you go to college that you make your faith your own, dig into God's Word and be deeply satisfied, and "that your love will abound more and more in all knowledge and depth of insight so that you may discern what is best and be perfect and complete for the day of Christ being filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God."




No comments:

Post a Comment