Saturday, July 15, 2017

Child of delight

Today Eve has reached the double digits which is hard to believe.
10th birthday in Maryland
She is the first of all of my nieces and nephews- real or fake- in that she was the first to enter my life. I still remember eating crabs with her parents and my brother and sister in law the night before she was born.  I still remember holding her a couple of weeks old almost in tears knowing that her family was moving halfway across the country and my relationship with her would be built on infrequent visits. Pretty much every year for 7 years(?), I would visit her family and relish the time I had with her and her siblings until her family moved to Virginia and finally Maryland when I saw her much more. But God is good because, despite the infrequent visits for years, I have always known Eve and loved her deeply.
Reading in California
She is sweet and loves well.
She is eager to please and desires to help others.
She is full of creativity and imagination.
She is a joy to all who know her.
Visiting Eve in Oklahoma
Happy birthday, Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment