Friday, July 28, 2017

He Who is My Refuge

I have been thinking lately about anxiety and worry.  Okay, I think about that a lot.  Recently more in the context of being content and full of joy.  If I am content, I will not be anxious or worried. Or maybe a better way to say it is that if I am content, my anxiety can be contained when it flairs up. Those times I am content; I have found this to be true.

I am memorizing Psalm 91 for church and the words are timely.

  • He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
  • My refuge and fortress....
  • He will deliver you.... 
  • He will cover you.... 
  • You will not fear.... 

I have a God who loves me and is my dwelling place.  He is a place to find refuge from the anxiety and worries that may overwhelm me.  As I learn Psalm 91, I want to make these truths a fundamental part of how I relate to God and turn to him.

I want to be able to say that because I have made the Lord my dwelling place- the Most High, who is my refuge- no evil (worry or anxiety) shall be allowed to befall me.

No comments:

Post a Comment