Friday, July 7, 2017

Friends and Relations

This week, one of my cousins and her family came and spent the week at my mom and dad's.  It was a full week- lots of meals with people who wanted to hear about the work my cousin and her husband do, visiting another cousin at her church, playing with the kids and just visiting.

I often think about relationships (really most of my blog is about relationships.)  It is because relationships matter.  We forge friendships and encourage and build each other up by spending time with other people and being involved in their lives and they in ours.   They take time and effort and often physical time together.

But my cousin lives a continent or two away.  The wonderful thing is that when we are together, we pick up right where we left off.  I think that is because we have common interest, shared history and, most importantly, long to grow in the knowledge and truth of the Lord.   I am grateful for this week and the time we had.  For all the time playing with her kids and my nieces and nephew.  For the time to hear them speak about their work in a formal and informal setting. For the time spent talking about what really matter especially while running errands. For the time just to be together.

I love and cherish relationships and the value of friends.  Every so often, it is nice when your friend is also a relation.

Games with kids

No comments:

Post a Comment