Monday, November 14, 2016

Being Real

9 and half years ago, I was flirting with this cute girl who was all smile over her mom's shoulder. Little did I know that 9 and a half years later, I would be good friends with this girl's mom.  I am so grateful for this woman and her family.

Why am I grateful?

Because she is one of the few people that I don't have to filter for and can say exactly what I think. And since filtering is hard for me on a given day, this is so refreshing.  She doesn't judge or condemn me, but lets me say my piece.  I can talk about something and say things she may not agree with, but it's ok. I can say them anyways and get the thoughts out.

Because she doesn't filter (there may be a trend,)  I know she will say what she thinks and mean what she says.  There is something so refreshing about that.  She is real.  And it shows.

Summer fun with the kids
Because she has a heart for missions and helping those in need especially medical work in Zambia. She is passionate about helping and serving those in need, and it is evident.  Her heart is big, but she is practical which is a beautiful combination that brings about real change.

Because she is funny and sarcastic. And after this fall, she is also the best prankster I know.
Christmas with the girls
Because she saw that I had a need to be a part of her kids' lives and have been accepted with arms wide open. I have been at her house every Christmas morning for the past 4 years.  Words can't express how much this means to me.   They just can't.

Happy Birthday to the most "real" woman I know.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you spend Christmas morning together. :-) What a special memory...and special friend.

    ReplyDelete