Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Sentimentality of Tea

I love coffee (great way to start off a blog about tea). But as much as I love coffee, I love tea.

I have drunk tea ever since I can remember.  Over the years, my love of tea has remained strong and even grown.  I love all sorts of teas- black, herbal, white, green.  I love it loose leaf; I love it in a bag; I love it without any additives, I love it with a little milk; I love it with honey.


The hot drink corner is one of my favorite spots in my house. It gives me warm and fuzzy feelings.


As a child, my grandma would bring us tea cups from her travels.  I never appreciated them as a child, and I believe either they were given away or my mom appropriated them.  As an adult, my mother and grandma have given me some of their tea cups which was very exciting.  30 years makes a big difference in taste and also sentimentality.


In addition to the tea cups, my grandma gave me a hand painted creamer and sugar bowl a friend of their family painted when Grandma was a child. Looking at them makes me very happy.  

So come. Visit and we can drink some tea as we chat. 

2 comments:

  1. Would you drink it in a box? Would you drink it with a fox?

    ReplyDelete