Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Turkey or Reindeer?

I love kids; I love crafts; I love when crafts meet kids.

Every so often, I embrace my craft desires and have a craft night with my nieces and friends' kids/teens. Last year, we made our own pillows.  This fall, we were going to make gumdrop turkeys. They were supposed to look like this:

However the protype ended up looking like this:
Fail anyone?  My friend said it looked like a reindeer being attacked by pygmies.

So after a little brainstorming, we ended up with decorate your own turkey cupcakes which everyone loved.   The teens made beautiful turkey cupcakes that looked like turkeys. Some of the younger ones made fairly respectable turkeys.  And some of them just embraced the "put as much candy on it as you can" philosophy.




Afterwords, we watched a movie and drank Jerry's Hot Chocolate with leftover marshmallows. And after the little ones left, we played Settlers.  The theme of the game may have been "I don't care if I win as long as my brother doesn't win." (Sibling love at its best.)


These are the best fall nights- time with friends and family just enjoying being with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment