Saturday, November 26, 2016

My Favoritest Sister Ever

I am fortunate that I have a lot of close friends.  I am extremely fortunate that one of my closest friends is my sister.  I have friends who aren't as fortunate, and I recognize that this is a gift.

Dinner circa 2011
My sister is one of my favoritest people ever.  Maybe it would be different if we didn't live 2 minutes from each other or hadn't lived together for so many years or..... I don't know but I am just glad she is my sister.   Because of our work schedules, there may be weeks before I see her and then I see her all the time.  It doesn't matter- she is still a constant.

Bowling circa 2012
She brings me random meals.  She knows me better than anyone.  She loves me unconditionally (I hope...).  She lets me hang out with her and her husband at any time- it doesn't matter.   We think a lot of like about most things. Her dogs are the only dogs I like.  She is the fun aunt in our family - always going a 100% with our brother's kids.  She has me trying new things such as essential oils.  We can quote the same movies we watched as kids such as While You Were Sleeping.  I love my bible study with her and my friends. I can say whatever I think and feel to her.  She gives of her time as a Casa advocate.  I could go on but I will just stop here.  Basically, she is basically just the most awesome thing out there.  

At Thanksgiving dinner, we always say what we are thankful for.  This year, I said I was thankful for real and fake family and mentioned my sister.  My sister who last Thursday walked into my house at 10:00 with leftover food she knew I would like.   My sister, who when I said I wanted to buy new pajamas, had already bought me some.

Maine circa 2013
Happy Birthday to my favoritest sister ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment