Thursday, September 15, 2016

Love and Mercy

At bible study, we are studying Hosea.   After slogging through some chapters with difficult imagery, we looked at chapter 11 this week.  Chapter 11 is all about the mercy of God.  Despite Israel's repeated rebellion, God still loved them and wanted to show mercy.  This led into a discussion of Micah 6:8.


I so needed this verse this week. I had to do justice in a difficult situation which resulted in frustration and anger by the person.  But I can't be vindictive even if I want to.  I have to show mercy and be loving to that person.  And above all, I need to keep my mind and heart fixed on God.  If God can repeatedly show me undeserved mercy, I can show others undeserved mercy.  

God knew I needed that bible study this week and a reminder of this verse.  Let this be how I live my life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad for the timeliness. I know you needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad for the timeliness. I know you needed it!

    ReplyDelete