Friday, September 2, 2016

Coffee + a friend

One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.  Proverbs 12:26

Relationships will be a theme here.   Relationships have formed the foundation of what is important to me in to many ways- where I spend my time, my money, my energy, my hobbies, my prayers....
25th anniversary celebration

This late summer/fall marks the anniversary of meeting with my friend and drinking coffee and praying and sharing life together.  She has in so many ways been an anchor to me.  I was struggling with something all those years ago and she knew it.  Instead of just praying (which don't get me wrong is very important), she took me aside and told me she wanted to meet with me weekly and talk and pray with me,  She may not remember this but, in those days, it was her praying and me struggling to pray. But with God's grace and her pray and encouragement, I worked through my issue.

5 years later, we have been through my dating "adventures", relationships, marriages, graduations, jobs, ups and downs in our walk, and other life events.  We have prayed over all these things and continue to meet and pray over what life has brought us.  Just yesterday, we met and prayed over the things that are important to us. And there was also a fair bit of laughter as usual.

A friend who has wisdom and a loving spirit and the ability to hold you accountable is to be treasured and not let go.  Hold on tight to her and appreciate how she helps you walk with God.  If she loves coffee, well, that is all the better!

5 comments:

  1. YOU, my dear friend, have been such a blessing in my life. I look forward to sharing many more years filled with friendship, laughter, coffee, and lots of prayer. You are so very loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can be the mutual admiration club. I hope we are old and ealking into McDonalds with our walkers to meet years from now.

      Delete
  2. sounds great! Can we add some games of bingo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that I will never share your love of coffee. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you like tea- that is a close second....

      Delete