Friday, September 9, 2016

Unexpected Memories

Monday, I got to spend the day with my friends' two girls (8 and 10) who are like nieces to me.   I love these girls partly because they are always willing to do fun activities.

In six hours, we:
  • made pancakes (okay M made them and S and I watched).
  • made 8 dozen chocolate chip cookies and ate a fair amount of dough
  • played countless games of Clue
  • ate birthday cake with a friend's family
  • delivered cookies to several families - the highlight being my sister's work which was a veterinarian office- you can't beat that with these girls
  • went on a walk to the too busy City park and turned around and walked right back talking nonstop all the way
  • played 6 games of UNO- S kept track because she was winning and wanted us to all know it.
Uno winner
They could have just watched tv all afternoon, and I would have gotten all of my painting done. Instead I was worn out, and I still had painting to do.  I was sooooooooooo tired when they left.  But the tiredness was worth it as this is how memories are made.   In the unexpected moments.  In unplanned activities.  In simply enjoying each other.

1 comment: