Friday, January 20, 2017

More Than Expected


This fall, I wrote about how I had been looking for an ESL ministry and God opened the door to a ministry at a local church.

As with everything, I had certain expectations.

  • I would have to learn to teach and lesson plan- something I have never done before.
  • I would meet new people from all races and cultures.
  • I would have to be flexible.
  • I would share the Word in class.
  • I would build relationships.

Half a year later,  I have realized all those expectations.  And more.

  • I lost my co-teacher for my class.  There was a little panic I will admit.  But I have a new co-teacher- my mom.   I honestly could have said last summer that I would never envisioned teaching with my mom. Neither of us are teachers by trade, so we are doing a lot of sinking or swimming and a lot of reliance of God- well I am at least.
  • I have seen my family come alongside and get involved in the ESL ministry and that makes my heart happy.
  • I see people in my church and others beyond that excited about ESL and reaching people in our community with the Gospel and fulfilling a practical need.
  • I have grown in confidence and defied my expectations on lesson planning and teaching.  I have alot of room to grow/. But I am growing more and more confident about teaching.  (And if I can do it, so can you. :)  )  
  • My Japanese friend came all fall and we got to spend time together going to and from class building a deeper relationship.  

God is good.  All the time.   He took my expectations and exceeded them.  I am excited to see how He continues to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment