Sunday, January 22, 2017

Celebrating a baby and his mama

Today was a special day as we celebrated one of my favorite people, Monique, and the upcoming birth of her little boy.

I am so glad that I got to celebrate this day with her.  Several good friends and I threw her a shower. And I am grateful for these women.  Know your strengths, right?  I can organize and cook, but I can't decorate.  Two friends did the decorations. And the decorations were perfect for Mo.   My sister, another friend, and I did the food.  Mo's sister and her friend helped me bake. Another friend made the cake.  Rachel helped decorate. Juliet tracked the gifts.  "It takes a village."

Thanks to Lori, here is a snapshot of our afternoon.


Food- see that gorgeous cake?

Those pickle, cream cheese, ham roll-ups are my new favorite

Love the wood platters Mike made

Table decorations

I love how they used pictures for decorations

Gift opening

Music quilt I made- with Matt in mind of course

Love this sign Matt's mom had made

Guests milling about

Signing a book

Thank you for coming, Sheila!

Love these girls

The girl in pink is our friend Tina who took the time to come from DC!

B is for ball
Everyone decorated a page for a letter book I will bind.
Also love her!

So thankful Linda could join us to celebrate Monique.

Emmy and Lily are excited for Emory!  They will be great "cousins."

She was a huge help!

These women! I am so grateful for them and their creativity and love.

Everyone signed the "E" book Mike made - so cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment