Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016- It's a Wrap

The older I get, the more I love traditions.  Tradition for New Years Eve has come to mean celebrating with my brother and family or my friends' family.  This year proved to be no exception except we added 9 more people to the mix.  My brother in law joined us later that night so the only person missing was my sister who had to work.


I don't have a picture but we had an 8 person game of Dutch Blitz going.  Rachel, of course, won but it was so much fun with 8 though crazy intense.


We played Life Jr (Ms Mary relied heavily on Amelia's help ;) ). And the kids played endless games of Hide and Seek.


There was Dixit with my brother even playing.


Juliet and I taught Rachel, Zach, and Jeremiah Ticket to Ride amongst lots of laughter and angst. Zach just beat out Rachel and me for the win.


While we were playing Ticket to Ride, Tori and some of the adults were playing Bananagrams.  Even sick, Jerry was the big winner per my Book of Champions.


I caught Lexy actually playing a game; Matthew must have worked his wiles on her.


Even Daric was coerced into playing games.


And to round out the night, we all played a round of Code Names.

2016 ended with laughter, family and friendship.  As 2017 dawns, I pray for a year of growing in the Lord and deepening relationships with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment