Friday, January 27, 2017

A girl and her quilt

A month or so ago, Juliet asked if she could make a quilt with me for a friend.  We found a day and made a quilt.  I actually didn't think we would do it in a day. But we did. 7 1/2 hours and a quick lunch break and we were done. Thankfully, her parents let me come and eat dinner with them after as I was soooo tired.

Juliet did 80% of the quilt. I ironed while she sewed, did some pinning and quilting and did the binding. But Juliet cut the fabric, pieced everything, and did most the the quilting. 

I love time with this teen girl. She is hard working, funny, creative, and willing to give up her time to make a friend a gift.

Here are pictures of our quilting.

blue squares - love the music prints -
one is Baby Emory's fabric

piecing the squares together

laying out the squares.  most of the blues were scraps

pinning

first real time to sew- she did amazing

quilting 

"really ginger, i didn't know you were taking this picture
or i would have smiled with my mouth closed"

"oh i remembered to close my mouth for the picture this time"
     
up close

finished quilt!
            
I talk a lot of my Aunt Ann and her influence on me.  Over 20 years ago, she took her time and taught me to quilt and built a relationship with me modeling godly behavior in everyday life and loving me.  This. This is what I want Juliet (and the other girls in my life) to say about me 20+ years from now.  

1 comment: